for a Better Community
Who We Are
We are a vibrant community charity in the Abbey Ward of Cambridge,
improving the lives and wellbeing of Abbey residents.
We do this through targeted community projects, provision of general support such as a community Food Hub,
supporting access to education and employment, projects to improve the environment,
and by developing a culture of volunteering in the community.
Helping Our Community
Some of the ways Abbey People have helped so far:
- Running our regular Food Hub and helping people meet their basic needs
- Organising free seasonal events for local residents
- Supporting the development of community facilities, including the East Barnwell Community Centre and The Hub
- Running our Little Free Library project providing books in the community
- Enhancing local youth facilities including the provision of youth clubs
- Gardening and conservation projects, including managing the Margaret Wright Community Orchard and work on Coldham’s Brook
- Helping the community to have a voice in decision-making about our area and providing opportunities for stakeholders to network and work together
Our organisation is all about our community and the people who make it the place it is.
There are many ways to get involved.
Become a Partner